Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Riding Elephants and Teaching the Gospel

Hey Family,

Excited to see everyone next week! And Happy Cinco De Mayo! Hola! Well anyway ya we rode elephants today! It was way fun. We didn't go with the Lambang Elders but we went with the 8 missionaries from Chiang Mai! It was great! Really fun. It is always great to bond with the missionaries in our District! Really good P-Day. 
 
 
It was such a crazy week. I actually ended up spending Monday Night, Tuesday, and Wednesday in Lambang. So I guess you can check off that I served there also:) It was way fun! I worked with Elder Slaughter in his area and I got to teach English and meet some investigators. Those Elders are really great! They have helped the area a ton down there. They white washed in this past transfer and are doing great! It was really fun to get to go ride around Lambang and get out of the old rut. But then at the end of it. I love hoping back into that rut! So back to the old chipping block. But we found three new investigators this week! Way good. Nora lived in New York speaks great English. She really loves the thought of being able to serve in our Church. So we talked about the Relief Society and how we home and visit teach. It should be good! She wants to serve a mission, kind of. So hopefully we helped her understand about serving in our church! We also taught another person who is a Former. But he is really interested in how Joseph Smith got an answer to his prayer. This guy is a professor at the Chiang Mai Univesity and speaks way good English.  I don't know if I have ever felt the Spirit so strong in my teaching before I taught him. He would ask the hardest questions to answer. About the Bible about prayer, about God, the Creation, Sins. But it was crazy. Elder Cosper and I could answer every question he had. When we were done with the lesson. We felt as if we didn't speak. But we couldn't be confounded by his questions. It was an experience I can't describe. But I felt like it wasn't me speaking (mainly because I was answering questions from the bible that I myself have maybe read like once.) My mind was clear. He is a great guy. He just wants to know everything.  He is interesting. But really cool. It was fun to follow the Spirit that closely. Way good. Then we also got a referral from a member. He works with President Som Chay our Elder's Quroum President.
 
 
To answer some questions. My branch has about 70 going each week. Which has increased from about 45 or so when I got here. We have been trying to help this branch and it is going pretty good! I am getting better at translating everyweek. Last week we had about 15 people I translated for. Good thing we use head sets and a microphone in the back of the room. Fast and Testimony meeting was great! We all got to bear testimony about missionary work. And after church we had coordination. Brother Yong is awesome. He is 21 and a big guy! I will get a pic with him this week. He is so funny and helps us so much! He is trying to get out on a mission right now so we want to help him! We have a lot of people in our ward preparing to serve. It is really good.
 

The Youth had an activity this past week with all the Youth of Thailand down in the middle of the Country. I got to see a bunch of Chiang Rai Members! It was so fun! There are so many youth In Chaing Rai. All way strong. I got to see about 20 members from Chiang Rai. It was awesome. They stopped in Chiang Mai to catch a bus with the members here. And we were at the Church. Way cool! 

Zone meeting was way good also! We learned a lot and got to talk with Elder Wilko. The area is doing great! We have 2 investigators that should be baptized by the end of the month! Way excited. Tong Toy and Dii. So it is exciting! 

Well remember some questions you have! And we can talk more next weeek! Thanks for everything! Keep it real family!

Love Elder Landon SImonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment