Monday, May 28, 2012

New Companion-Same Area

Hey family! Looks like it has been a fun week!


Well first thing first before I get started, I went to transfers and hear President Smith speak for the last time! Haha so Elder Thrap was made Zone Leader in Ubon which is in the Eason. My new companions name is Elder Timothy. So now I have to lead the area. That will be interesting, because I am still learning Thai. If you have any good thoughts on that let me know. I want to make sure I don't forget anything or anyone. Haha anyways! It is all going to be okay! I pray! So anyway this is Elder Timothy's last area. He is leaving in 2 transfers. (August)   He is super nice and is way good at Thai! So I am excited to work with him!

Me and Elder Timothy
Lets see so first thing first Sister Mamm passed her baptismal interview! That is great she will be baptized next weekend! If all goes well! I am excited, I have taught her from lesson 1 so it is cool to see the whole progression of a person! As for other progressing people We have met with this family Mak, Ooy, and Taam (Tom) a lot. We are probably going to extend a date with them. All three are super interested but the person who asks the best questions is the 12 year old. He learned in an English church. The dad learned English in Germany. And they all speak it super well! So if I don't know a word I can usually say it in English. haha! Besides that they are really interested.

We also have Beawer (Beaver in English). He is going pretty good but still isn't willing to try out faith too much! He wants to get baptized when he knows this gospel is true! I love him to death! He didn't come to church he was out of town. But I hope we can get him coming again he came his first 3 weeks learning! We have a few other progressing pretty well Sister Anne and Yu Pin. They both need to get married before they can get baptized though. So nothing really we can do there. We met a few prepared people yesterday inviting I can't remember his name it is written in my other planner. But he is sweet! So ya we are still doing good. We have 9 progressing investigators right now.

Anyway besides that things around here were switched up a lot! Elder Olive left as Zone Leader and we got Elder Pipat he is a native Thai. He is funny too! I also got my new companion Elder Timothy from Gillbert Arizona. He is sweet! He is finishing his mission here in Srinakarin. And is really helpful with the language! He is very good with tones.  It will be awesome having him here to help! He loves World of Warcraft and is a pretty fun person to be around! So I am looking forward to being with him! He served in Sisagade.  It is a small place.  He was the district leader of a district of 3 people.  Some areas in Thailand are Tiny.

Lets see as for some other stuff that happened this week nothing much a pretty average week. Just all the transfer stuff! English Class was awesome! I had to do an umbrella dance thing! Because we did a talent show and we had like 15 minutes left so I did a sweet dance. I looked like a goof but the people liked it! I attached a photo of the class. So this week I will have an opportunity to use some slang words that they like to learn, it is pretty funny.

Our English Class

Well I don't have to many new things to talk about, so next week feel free to ask questions and stuff! I like having some good questions to write about! Thanks for everything! I know that this church is true! I have dedicated two years to serve the people of Thailand and it was the best decision I could make! I love the people here! They are sometimes not very nice when we tract, but that is okay. They really are looking for the truth and when they can feel the power that we bring in to the home. The spirit testifies to them. But it is all about having the spirit! If you don't have that then you can't get anywhere!

I love you all and thanks so much for the e-mails! Good look Cam finishing up school! And the wedding in 3! The trips sound fun! And everyone is getting older haha!

Elder Landon Simonsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment